Amritha rao,Amritha rao tamil, Amritha rao telugu, Amritha rao kannada, Amritha rao hindi, Amritha rao cute, Amritha rao hot, Amritha rao childhood, Amritha rao in pink, Amritha rao in red, Amritha rao nude, Amritha rao hottest, Amritha rao unseen, Amritha rao traditional, Amritha rao in black, Amritha rao with cloths, Amritha rao without cloths, Amritha rao cleavage, Amritha rao beautiful, Amritha rao most beautiful, Amritha rao sexy, Amritha rao sex, Amritha rao marriage, Amritha rao boy friend, Amritha rao mms, Amritha rao scandal, home actress, actress home, homely actress
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amrita Rao(Hindustani pronunciation: [əmrɪt̪aː ˈraːu]; born 17 June 1981 inMumbai, India) is an Indian model and actress who appears in Bollywoodfilms.
Beginning her career as a model, Rao made her acting debut with Ab Ke Baras (2002). She then starred in Ken Ghosh's romantic film Ishq Vishk(2003) which earned her a Filmfare nomination in the "Best Female Debut" category.
Amrita was born in Mumbai to a Chitrapur Saraswat Brahmin family. She speaks Hindi, English, Marathi, besides her mother tongue, Konkani. She attended Canossa Convent Girls School (Mahim) in Mumbai, and later enrolled in Sophia College to pursue a degree in psychology. Her sister, Preetika Rao, is amodel, columnist and a South Indian film actress.
While studying in Sophia College, Amrita auditioned for an advertisement for Fairever Face Cream. She filmed many commercials and did numerous photo shoots. Her appearance in Cadbury’s Perk Karwa Chaut ad and the Bru Coffee advertisement helped her receive offers from film directors in Bollywood. She also appeared in numerous music videos by artists such as Alisha Chinoy.
Even after becoming a well-known actress in Bollywood, she continues do model and wal ramps for designers, as a celebrity guest.
Amrita made her acting debut in Ab Ke Baras (2002) alongside Arya Babbar. She went on to star with Shahid Kapoor in Ishq Vishk (2003) and became an overnight star after the success that film for her portrayal of Payal. She followed this up in 2004 with Masti, Main Hoon Na withShahrukh Khan and Zayed Khan, and Deewaar. The year 2005 saw her performing as Priya in Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi! and Madhvi in Shikhar. In 2006, she starred in Pyare Mohan alongside Vivek Oberoi, and Sooraj R. Barjatya'sblockbuster Vivah opposite Shahid Kapoor.
Her first part in 2007 was a special appearance for the song "Heyy Babyy" in the eponymous film, Heyy Babyy. She then made her debut in the Telugu film industry with Athidhi opposite Mahesh Babu. Amrita's movies in 2008 include My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves with Nikhil Dwivedi and Welcome to Sajjanpurwith Shreyas Talpade. The following year, she portrayed Nandini in Victory and Mansi in Shortkut opposite Arshad Warsi.
Her only release in 2011 was Love U...Mr. Kalakaar!, in which she played Ritu, the main role, alongside Tusshar Kapoor. She acted in Hook Yaa Crook, which is still shelved. Amrita Rao is currently working in two films ,which will be released in 2013.
Awards and nominations
|This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2011)|
- 2004: Filmfare Best Female Debut Award for Ishq Vishk
- 2005: Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for Main Hoon Na
Star Screen Awards
- 2003: Star Screen Award Most Promising Newcomer - Female for Ab Ke Baras
- 2004: Star Screen Award Most Promising Newcomer - Female for Ishq Vishk
- 2007: Star Screen Award Best Actress for Vivah
- 2007: Star Screen Award Jodi No. 1 along with Shahid Kapoor for Vivah
Zee Cine Awards
International Indian Film Academy Awards
- 2004: IIFA Awards, Best Female Debut for Ishq Vishk
- 2004: Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow - Female for Ishq Vishk
- 2009: Stardust Searchlight Best Actress Award for Welcome to Sajjanpur
Other awards won
- 2004: Sansui Awards — Best Debut - Female for Ishq Vishk
- 2007: GR8 Women Awards — Young Achiever
- 2007: Anandalok Puroshkar Awards — Most Promising New Talent for Vivah
- 2007: Sports World Awards — Jodi of the Year along with Shahid Kapoor for Vivah
- 2007: Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award for Vivah
|2002||Ab Ke Baras||Anjali Thapar/Nandini|
|The Legend of Bhagat Singh||Mannewali|
|2003||Ishq Vishk||Payal Mehra||Nominated, Filmfare Best Female Debut Award|
|Main Hoon Na||Sanjana (Sanju) Bakshi||Nominated, Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award|
|2005||Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!||Priya|
|2007||Heyy Babyy||Special appearance in song "Heyy Babyy"|
|2008||My Name is Anthony Gonsalves||Riya|
|Shaurya||Neerja Rathode||Special appearance|
|Welcome to Sajjanpur||Kamla||Winner, Stardust Best Actress Award|
|Short Kut: The Con is On||Mansi|
|Life Partner||Anjali Kumar||Special appearance|
|2010||Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai||Tara's sister||Special appearance|
|2011||Love U...Mr. Kalakaar!||Ritu|
|2013||Singh Saheb The Great||Journalist|
- "My Roots". Web.archive.org. 2007-03-04. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "'I'm not getting married'". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "Top 5: 'Baabul' shaky; 'D2' and 'Vivah' big hits!". Vivah: Box Office. Archived from the original on 14 December 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-16.
- "Amrita Rao in Athithi". Archived from the original on 25 December 2006. Retrieved 26 December 2006.
- "Rajshree Productions". Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- "Rang De, Omkara sweep Screen nominations". Hero Honda Star Screen Awards Nomination List. Retrieved 24 December 2006.
- "Hero Honda Star Jodi No. 1". Hero Honda Star Jodi No.1 Nomination List. Archived from the original on 5 January 2007. Retrieved 24 December 2006.
- IndiaFM Article